Station 5 is located at 316 Main Street on the south end of Church Hill in what is commonly called downtown. The three bay fire house was built in 1950 with two bays and a third bay added in 1968 to house the old tractor trailer tanker. We have added a four bay building on the rear of the property to house our Brush Truck, 3rd Engine, Tower Ladder and Tanker. It is our plan to construct a new station consisting of six or seven bays, volunteer housing (dorm rooms), locker room and bathroom facilities, needed office space & storage, SCBA room, Decon area, a training room and a space big enough to use as a banquet facility.
We are in the process of beginning our capital campaign efforts in hopes of raising the needed 2 million dollars to complete the project. Anyone wishing to donate to the "Building Fund" are asked to contact the station for further information.